WARRANTY POLICY – Terms & Conditions
1. Limited Warranty
• This warranty shall only apply to LUCOR branded lighting products sold by LUCOR Lighting in the territory of INDIA (hereinafter referred to as ‘Product’). The warranty is only applicable to the party purchasing the products directly from LUCOR or its duly appointed representatives (hereinafter referred to as: ‘Purchaser’).
• LUCOR warrants that each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. The foregoing warranty shall be valid for the period mentioned in the applicable warranty policy for the Products referred to in your sales agreement. If a Product fails to operate in accordance with this warranty LUCOR will provide a free replacement/repair of the failed Product subject to the applicable warranty policy and the limited warranty terms and conditions set out below.
2. Terms and Conditions
• LUCOR’ warranty flows only to Purchaser. If any Product covered by this warranty is returned by Purchaser in
accordance with section 3 and within the applicable warranty period set out in the warranty policy and on
examination LUCOR determines to its satisfaction that such Product failed to satisfy this warranty, LUCOR will, at its option, repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof, or reimburse Purchaser the purchase price. For purposes of clarity, ‘repair or replace the Product or the defective part thereof’ does not include any removal or reinstallation activities, costs or expenses, including without limitation, labor costs or expenses.
• If LUCOR chooses to replace the Product and is not able to do so because it has been discontinued or is not available,
LUCOR may refund the purchaser or replace the product with a comparable product (that can show small deviations
in design and product specification).
• No agent, distributor or dealer is authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of the warranty on behalf of
• This warranty only applies when the Product has been properly wired and installed and operated within the electrical values, operating range and environmental conditions provided in the specifications, application guidelines, IEC standards or any other document accompanying the Products. If a Product is found to be defective, or not performing in accordance with the product specifications, the Purchaser must notify LUCOR in writing.
• LUCOR will facilitate the technical resolution of problems.
• This warranty does not apply to damage or failure to perform arising as a result of any Acts of God or from any abuse,misuse, abnormal use or use in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use, including without limitation, those contained in the latest safety, industry and/or electrical standards for the relevant region(s).
• This warranty shall be void in the event any repairs or alterations, not duly authorized by LUCOR in writing, are made
to the Product by any person. The manufacturing date of the product has to be clearly readable. LUCOR reserves the
right to make the final decision on the validity of any warranty claim.
• If requested by LUCOR, the non-conforming or defective Products shall become LUCOR’ property as soon as they
have been replaced.
3. Warranty Claims
All warranty periods mentioned are subjected to a LUCOR representative having access to the Product or system for verification of non-compliance. Warranty claims have to be reported and returned to the local LUCOR office within 30 days after discovery, specifying at least the following information (additional information may be
required on request):
• details of the failed Products; and for System warranties also details of other components used;
• installation date and invoice date;
• detailed problem description, number and % of failures date-code of failure;
• application, hours burned and number of switching cycles;